Each year we hold our now legendary Family Festivals on the May and August Bank Holiday weeks. These festivals are a fantastic opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends. You get to enjoy the benefits of our full outdoor activity centre with an array of additional entertainment thrown in, plus we even do all the cooking and washing up so, even though you are camping, we do all the hard work so you don’t have to. We are renowned for our work with children and young people, but parents are always asking us why they can’t join in the fun – well now you can!
New for 2017 we are launching an additional Family Festival over the 1st May Bank Holiday weekend. All the normal fun and entertainment of our Festivals, the only difference being that at this event you get to sleep in the comfort of our indoor dormitory-style accommodation. So, if sleeping under canvas isn’t for you, but you still long to join in on our exceptional family-centric weekends, please have a look at the information below.
- accommodation – bring your own tent or use a pre-erected YMCA tent (6 or 8 person frame tent with a wooden floor)
- 2 night (Friday to Sunday) or 3 night (Friday to Monday) options
- exciting outdoor adventure activities (extra activities will be offered which may incur an additional charge but are not included in the Festival package)
- evening entertainment, including campfire on one night
- catering – full board from Friday night until your lunch on departure day
- comfortable environment to relax with family and friends
What do you need to know?
To give you an idea of what’s on offer during family festival, see our sample programme, sample menu and kit list which provide further information including what to bring and expect. Around 1-2 weeks prior to the camp, we send a more detailed weekend outline and schedule of activities to those that have booked.
Every year, we look to ensure your weekend experience is the very best it can be. This year we are excited to announce that the extras at our May and August Festivals include inflatable activities and additional arts, craft and nature workshops.
Absolutely wonderful time at the Family Festival. The staff are superb – friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging. We made new friends, tried out fun activities and learned new skills. A well-earned 5 stars*****
- 4th – 7th May 2018 (indoors)
- 25th – 28th May 2018
- 24th – 27th August 2018
To book call 01489 785228.
Find us at YMCA Fairthorne Manor, Curdridge, SO30 2GH.
Call 01489 785228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org