For an action packed, exciting and memorable children’s birthday party with a difference, it has to be a Fairthorne Manor activity party! Our popular parties are available to book at weekends for children aged 4 – 14 years.
Our birthday party packages include:
- Party host
- Party food
- Party room, party decorations and music (apart from our outdoor survival parties!)
- Party bags available for an additional £2 per child
We have a variety of exciting themes:
See the activity tab below for a list of activity options.
All parties run for 2 hours and include activities and time for the party tea. See the “Times & Dates” tab below for further information.
What to wear and bring
All of our parties run outdoors in all weathers, so please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting muddy or wet. Having a change of clothes and a towel are a good idea but please note welly boots, flip flops and crocs are not permitted on water or rope activities.
Looking for a party for adults?
- Activity Calendar – try one or two of our activities from our regular activity calendar at our Family Park at Fairthorne. Perfect for small groups and to make new friends, as others may be booked on to the same sessions.
- BBQ hire – set in the stunning grounds of our Family Park, cook at your leisure and make use of our outdoor space, licensed bar, ample parking and toilet facilities. See our BBQ hire page for further details.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
|Age||Minimum party size||Maximum party size|
Activity parties include 90 minutes of activity (including travel to/from the activity and kitting up/down) and 30 minutes for the party food in one of our party rooms. To view images of activities, please visit our gallery. We ask for at least 2 adults to attend all of birthday parties. Activity parties are suitable for 7 + years.
*Please note some party ages start at 9+ and all parties are subject to availability and tides where applicable.
Available from 5th March 2016, our Trail Parties are suitable for 4 – 7 years and include an exciting and imaginative trail through the woods discovering clues and having an amazing adventure along the way.
- Treasure Hunt Trail – includes a treasure hunt through the woods ending at fun games around our pirate obstacle course.
- Woodland Trail – includes a trail through the woods and den building.
The trail will include 90 minutes of fun, followed by 30 minutes for the party food in one of our party rooms. There’s a minimum charge for 8 party guests with a maximum of 16 guests and we ask for at least 2 adults to attend all of birthday parties.
Available from 5th March 2016, our Woodland Parties are suitable for 4 years + and offer a true outdoor adventure, where you’ll enjoy woodland games, build dens and collect wood to build a fire over which to cook your own party food!
Your 2 hour party includes plenty of time for the activities and food, all of which runs outside so make sure everyone dresses appropriately. There’s a minimum charge for 8 party guests with a maximum of 12 guests and we ask for at least 2 adults to attend all of birthday parties.
Our parties are only offered at weekend, with times vary depending on the season:
- Summer (April-October): 11:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Winter: (November-March): 10:30am-12:30pm and 1:30pm-3:30pm
Our party food is a cold buffet served in a decorated party room and includes:
- Mixture of ham sandwiches and cheese sandwiches
Chicken breast chunks
- Cucumber sticks
The same menu is provided for all ages and we are able to cater for special diets. We can also take care of the birthday cake at £15 which serves 12 children.
Our outdoor survival parties include a hobo pack, including sausages, jacket potato, baked beans and marshmallows to cook over their own fire!
Our birthday party prices include activities, staffing and party food (see the Party Themes tab for minimum and maximum party sizes).
- Activity & Survival parties £16 per child
- Trail parties £14 per child
We can also take care of the birthday cake at £15 which serves 12 children.
Party bags are available to order at an additional charge of £2 per bag.
YMCA members receive a 20% discount!
How to Book
To book a birthday party, contact us on 01489 785228. We ask that you pay in full for the minimum number of children attending the party at time of booking; the balance of any additional children must be paid 2 weeks prior to the party. When booking, please take a few minutes to read our birthday party booking conditions.