YMCA has been delivering Daycamps during the school holidays at Fairthorne Manor for nearly 40 years, offering tens of thousands of children fantastic experiences and lasting memories.
In 2012, Ofsted once again awarded us an “outstanding” (see the full report), supporting the fact that 80% of our customers return to us for Daycamps every year.
We have something to offer every 4-16 year old, with different Daycamp themes running throughout the year including our renowned Multi-activity as well as more specialist themes including Survival and Water. At Easter and in the summer, some of our camps are offered on a Residential Camp basis.
Aged 16-18 years and still want to experience some of the Fairthorne Manor Magic? See our Global Youth Leader page.
For more details on how each of our fantastic Daycamps can help build confidence, offer new challenges and experiences and give children the best time of the summer, visit our various Daycamp pages listed to the left.
Keep up to date
For our latest news, follow us on our social spaces:
Daycamps are offered every school holiday. For details on dates, prices and booking, see our Prices & Booking Rules page.
Challenge by choice
Many of the children that visit our Daycamps are ready for greater challenges and the programme of activities allows them to fulfil their potential. Those who are not quite so eager will be sensitively encouraged to push themselves as far as they are happy to. Fairthorne Manor exercises a ‘challenge by choice’ policy, whereby no child is pressured to participate in an activity they are not ready for.
Children with additional needs
If your child has any additional support needs or you hold a Gateway Card, please visit our support page.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
Fairthorne Manor is located a short 10 minute drive from Junctions 7 and 10 of the M27, approximately 1 mile from the village of Botley near Hedge End. The full postal address is: Fairthorne Manor, Curdridge, Southampton SO30 2GH
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- Telephone: 01489 785228
- In person: our Reception is open 8.00am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- Email: email@example.com
- During each Daycamp period, if you have any concerns regarding your child, contact our Welfare Officer on 07914 597630.
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (full report) where we are rated as ‘outstanding’.
- CRB checked to the enhanced level
- Child protection
- Child and youth engagement skills
- First Aid (appointed person)
- Child Behaviour Management
We have a number of different themes for our Daycamps and, where appropriate, are covered by the relevant governing bodies:
- Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) – watersports, including bell boating, raft building, kayaking, open canoeing and sailing. Licence details can be confirmed by calling The Licensing Service on 029 2075 5715.
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – recognised as a training centre to provide instruction for dinghy and powerboat courses.
- British Canoe Union (BCU) qualified instructors delivering kayaking, canoeing and bell boating.
Some feedback from our customers:
“Superb service and the children loved all the staff. Many thanks to the staff for looking after the children on the bus so well. My first experience of letting the children go off ‘by themselves’ and it was made easy and worry free. Children raved about their days and it was brilliant to see them coming home wet, muddy and smiling every night”. July
“A fabulous time had by all. Thanks to all the leaders and staff. Thoroughly recommend Fairthorne to anyone looking for holiday activities for their kids”
July “After a day at Fairthorne my kids are happy, worn out, dirty and always looking forward to the next day, that’s the best advertisement for your Daycamps as far as I am concerned!”
August “My children had a fantastic week. We were extremely impressed by all aspects of the week from the transport, to the variety of activities on offer and the level of engagement by their group leader. One of the highlights of the summer holidays!!”
August “Our children have been going to Daycamps for about 4 years and each time look forward to going and seeing friends they have made as well as the instructors again”
August “This is our daughter’s first experience at Fairthorne Manor and she is loving every minute of it. She is a sociable and have-a-go girl but she didn’t know anyone before she started and she has thoroughly enjoyed her experience. She will be back next year”
August “My son was looking forward to his visit for weeks. He attended with a friend and they have both attended in previous years. He likes the familiarity of the grounds and what to expect with regards to activities. The group leaders are always friendly and encourage the children to push themselves. He always comes home with a “You’ll never guess what I did today! ” and the shear amount of muck just goes to prove he’s had a good day. We end the week with ‘Can I go again next year’ ” “It’s amazing to me how little Fairthorne Manor Daycamps has changed since the 1970s. Fairthorne was the highlight of my summer holiday, now my son is saying exactly the same. Keep up the good work and thank you”
Booking one of our camps couldn’t be easier:
- Book Daycamps online
- Call us on 01489 785228 and book over the telephone
- Visit us in person – our reception is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am-5pm.
Please note, our Daycamps are very popular, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Daycamps must be booked by midday the Thursday before the Daycamp begins during periods when full weeks must be booked. We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Cheque (in person)
- Cash (in person)
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, you must pay in full at the time of booking using a credit/debit card and send us the vouchers for the childcare element of the booking with a clear reference of which child the payment relates to. Once we receive the vouchers, we will refund the voucher value back to the card with which you paid. It can take between 10-14 working days to refund you once we have received the vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher.
Our Daycamp Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.
Booking your child onto Daycamps for the first time is a big decision. You’re bound to have lots of questions about logistics and safety. We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you quickly find the answer you’re after.
In the event of bad weather
We are an outdoor centre, so if your child is on one of our camps they will get muddy and dirty! The vast majority of the activities on our Multi-activity Camp are outside, so please ensure you send your child with appropriate clothing. If it rains, we carry on regardless but we will stop activities if there are high winds or the threat of thunderstorms in line with our operating procedures. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01489 785228.