Daycamp Dates & Prices
Fairthorne Manor school holiday care was rated as “outstanding” by Ofsted in a recent inspection (see full report) and our portfolio of camps every school holiday will leave your child with truly lasting memories. Regular visitors will undoubtedly benefit from joining our membership scheme which run for a year and offer discounts from a variety of services – see our membership page for further details.
- Decide on the date and camp required for your child
- Select any of the additional options such as bus transport , sleepover, Big Day or packed lunches
- Book online or call us on 01489 785228 (8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Our multi-activity February Daycamps are running from Monday 20th – Friday 24th February. Places can be booked by the day with additional options of packed lunch, Big Day (7.45am-6pm) and sleepover. View our sample February programme!
*Availability update* – Holiday Club (years R-2) is full on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. All other age groups and days are currently available.
Easter Daycamps run from Monday 10th April – Thursday 13th April & Tuesday 18th April – Friday 21st April. For the first time, places can be booked by the day! Please note bus transport is not available at Easter.
If some dates do not show on our online booking system, it is because the camps are close to their capacity limits or full. Please call us on 01489 785228.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
The prices vary depending on the camp booked:
|Daycamp type||Single day bookings||5 day weeks|
* £24 if also booked on Big Day In the main summer holidays, children about to start years R-2 in September can book shorter weeks (Mon-Weds or Thurs-Fri). Prices for these weeks are based on a pro-rata cost. Please note that bus transport can only be booked if your child is attending the full week. Please see booking conditions in booking rules tab. Members who book Daycamps early can make the following fantastic savings:
|Daycamp||20% deadline||15% deadline||10% deadline|
|February||23rd January||6th February||After 6th February|
|Easter||13th March||27th March||After 27th March|
All discount deadlines are at 5pm on the given dates. There are no early booking discounts available for non-members.
|Drop off times||Collection times|
|Big Day||From 7.45am (breakfast served at 8.30am)||By 6.00pm (dinner served around 4.30pm)|
|Campfire Tea||Collected by YMCA staff from the standard Daycamp day at 4.00pm||Parent/carer responsible from 7.00pm|
|Bus transport||Depends on route and stop – see Bus page||Depends on route and stop – see Bus page|
During the main weeks of the summer holidays, we offer bus transport to safely carry your child to us. Bus transport for 2017 is £35 per child per week, with the following discounts for Members depending on when the bus is booked. 2017 bus information will be available shortly.
Visit our Bus page for information on our bus routes, including pick up/drop times and routes. Bus transport is only available to children booked for a full week.
Booking one of our camps couldn’t be easier:
- Book Daycamps online
- Call us on 01489 785228 and book over the telephone
- Visit us in person – our reception is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am-5pm
Please note, our Daycamps are very popular, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Daycamps must be booked by midday the Thursday before the Daycamp begins during periods when full weeks must be booked. We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Cheque ( in person) in advance
- Cash (in person) in advance
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, we ask you to pay in full at the time of booking using a credit or debit card and will refund this payment once we have received your childcare vouchers. Please list your child’s name when transferring vouchers. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customer’s voucher.
Our Daycamp Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.
Booking rules for 2017
|Single day bookings||Offered for all ages during the February, Easter week 1 & 2, Whitsun, summer additional days, October and Christmas periods.|
|Summer Weeks||Daycamps must be booked by the week, apart from children in Holiday Club (years R-2) who can be booked for Monday-Wednesday or Thursday-Friday (or 2 day blocks in Bank Holiday weeks). During the main summer holiday, your child will be classed by the school year they will be starting in September and not the year they have just finished.|
|Big Day||Must be booked for the same duration as the Daycamp in question e.g. if booking a week long summer camp, Big Day must be booked the full week.|
|Campfire Big Tea||Offered in the main summer holidays as an evening option to cover the period from the end of the Daycamp day at 4pm until the start of campfire at 7.00pm. Parents are responsible for their child from 7.00pm. No additional charge is made for those children already booked onto the above Big Day who wish to remain on site until the campfire commences.|
|Packed lunches||Must be booked for the same duration as the Daycamp in question e.g. if booking a week long summer camp, packed lunches must be booked the full week. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at time of booking.|
|Sleepover||1 night residential option for children in school year 3 and over (or joining year 3 in September for summer Daycamps). If the holiday period allows individual day bookings, the day of and day after sleepover must be booked.|
|Bus transport||Only available to children booked on for week long Daycamps.|