What to bring
Children coming on our Fairthorne Daycamps should come prepared to be outside whatever the weather!
Fairthorne Manor is an outdoor centre, so if your child is on one of our Multi-activity Camps they will get muddy and dirty! The vast majority of the activities on our Multi-activity Camps and some activities on our Themed Camps are outside, so please ensure you send your child with clothing appropriate for all weathers.
Children attending Daycamps should bring the following:
- Packed lunch and a drink (refillable bottle as we have plenty of water points around site) or add a packed lunch to your booking
- Snacks for breaks in the day
- Warm clothing (jacket, jumpers, t-shirts)
- Shoes that can/will get wet
- Towel (warm showers and changing facilities are available)
- Spare clothes (a complete set including pants!)
- Spare shoes to travel home in
- Plastic bag (to put wet clothes in)
- Optional tuck money (in a labelled money bag or purse)
Please do not send your child with flip flops or crocs, mobile phones, electronic equipment or other items of value as we cannot be held responsible for them.
If your child is attending residential camp please click for a full kit list.
Inevitably, we end up with items of lost property at the end of each Daycamp period. To minimise the amount of lost property, please ensure you clearly label each item with your child’s name. This will enable us to reunite items with their owners as long as we have the correct contact details from your booking. Unnamed items are logged and parents are welcome to visit to view the log. Four weeks after each Daycamp period, any unclaimed lost property is sent to charity.