What to bring
Fairthorne Manor is a rural site near the south coast of England.
During the summer holidays, children sleep in our 6 or 8 person tents which have wooden floors. At other times of the year, children sleep in indoor dormitory accommodation.
The following is a list of clothing and other items that your child may find useful during their visit. Please remember that it can be cold at night, even in the summer and we may have the odd shower of rain, so jumpers and waterproof clothing are particularly important.
- Sleeping bag & pillow (throughout the year for all accommodation types)
- T Shirts
- Several Sweatshirts/pullovers
- Shorts and Tracksuit
- Spare Underclothes/Socks
- Trainers (2 pairs – one of which is suitable to get wet/dirty)
- Waterproof clothing/coat/trousers
- Wellies, if you have them/Crocs (not suitable for water activities)
- Hat to protect against sun or cold
- A torch may be useful (spare batteries)
- High protection sun cream/block
- Plenty of comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- Smart casual clothes may be useful for the evenings.
- Two towels, soap, toilet kit and toothbrush
- Water bottle
- A black bin bag to store dirty clothes
- Money for Tuck Shop (optional)
YMCA Fairthorne Group accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to personal possessions and would advice valuables, including mobile phones and jewellery, to be left at home. Parents are advised that the wearing of jewellery is not permitted on any of the activities.