Counselling Service – Tier 2
Our NHS Tier 2 Counselling Service for children and young people is a free service for those who are experiencing mild to moderate anxiety, depression or mental health issues.
The service is run on a six session model and can offer you support to cope with temporary difficulties or to access the right services for you if your concerns or worries are more complex.We offer a safe place where you can look at what’s bothering you and where you can explore possible solutions to your problems. You will be treated with respect and you will be given the opportunity to learn the skills that you might need to make any necessary changes in your life.
- Specifically designed for people in the same age group as you (0-18, or 0-19 if you have a disability)
- Staffed by qualified and experienced counselling therapists who will help you to look at ways to improve things in your life
- A free and confidential support service for children and young people who are experiencing mild to moderate (or temporary) mental health issues
- Somewhere where you can go if things are getting on top of you and somewhere that will be able to help you if you need access to another support service
- A place where you can refer yourself or where you can ask someone that you trust to refer you.
No matter what you are feeling and no matter what you need to say, your counsellor will be able to listen to you and will be able to look at how you can move forward.
How to get help
You can refer yourself or ask someone else, such as your GP or teacher, to refer you. Contact us now on 01983 862441.
We let your GP know that you are accessing the service and tell them at the end that you have finished counselling; this is to enable the NHS to cover the cost of your sessions. We don’t tell them any details about what you have discussed with us and we will always try to talk to you first if we have to let someone else know if there is anything serious or dangerous happening in your life.
We are based at YMCA Winchester House in Shanklin and can be accessed by the numbers 2, 3 and 8 Vectis Buses, with the number 3 dropping you right to our door. We are open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm and also offer sessions at some island schools and other centres. Wherever possible we try to offer appointments around school hours for GCSE, A Level or College students.
For further information, contact us now on 01983 861072 and firstname.lastname@example.org.