Isle of Wight Daycamps are based at Winchester House in Shanklin, a beautiful Victorian building set in large grounds on the cliff top overlooking Sandown Bay above the long sandy beach of Hope Bay.
Our fantastic location and enthusiastic leaders enable us to offer exciting programmes for children from Reception class up to 12 years during school holidays, including onsite and offsite activities. Children must have already started school to attend our Daycamps scheme.
We publish our activity programme in advance enabling your child to select their favourite activities or decide to try something new.
Join us during the May half term holidays from Tuesday 30th May to Friday 2nd June for just £17 per day, from 8.00am – 6.00pm. Our activity programme will be available on this page shortly. View our programme here.
Join us this summer for just £17 per day, from 8.00am – 6.00pm.
Our Daycamps for summer are offered run from Wednesday 26th July – Friday 1st September with a range of exciting activities. Please note we will not be running Daycamps on Bank Holiday Monday 28th August.
Keep up to date with all our latest news by following and sharing us with your friends and family:
Our facilities include:
- A large, bright and sunny playroom with zoned activity areas during free play – arts and crafts, soft toys, lego construction, reading area and board games.
- A large grass garden area for active play, ball games and team games.
- Extra indoor space in our chapel, with activities including table tennis, table football, pool, soft play equipment and a ball pit.
- Accessible toilets, including disabled facilities and a changing area for personal care needs in a secluded area.
- We’re within easy reach of the nearby beach, playground and playing fields of which we make regular use.
Booking Daycamps couldn’t be easier, call us and book on 01983 862441 or book online.
It is essential that you book in advance in order to guarantee a space for your child at Daycamps. We will try to accommodate non-booked children if we have spaces available, but this will be subject to an additional £5.00 late booking fee per child.
Members who book Daycamps early can make the following fantastic savings:
|20% off (£13.60/day)||15% off (£14.45/day)||10% off (£15.30/day)|
|Whitsun||Book by 2nd May||Book by 15th May||After 15th May|
|Summer||Book by 26th June||Book by 10th July||After 10th July|
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
Children with additional needs
Daycamps are inclusive, and we are pleased to support children with additional needs. If you feel that your child will require support over and above our 1:8 staff:child ratio, please contact us before booking to discuss how we can help support your child’s individual needs. For more information, please see our support page or contact the Daycamps Leader on 01983 862441.
How to find us
Isle of Wight Daycamps are held at Winchester House, Shanklin, with spectacular views across Hope Bay. There is ample parking on site, enabling parents a straight forward drop off and pick up from Daycamps.
The full postal address is:
YMCA Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6HT
We are accessible by train, bus and road. We are on bus route 3, and just a short distance from bus routes 2 & 8. Lake train station is just a short walk over the bridge towards Lake.
We would love to hear from you
Telephone: 01983 862441 to book or for general enquiries or to arrange an appointment if you would like to meet the Daycamps Leader.
During each Isle of Wight Daycamps period, if you have any concerns regarding your child please contact the House on 01983 862441.
Click the photo to see more
We value the feedback that we receive from our Daycamps parents and carers, and listen to suggestions on how we can ensure that children have the best possible Isle of Wight Daycamps experience.
“Just to say our 3 children had a fantastic time at your YMCA day placement in Shanklin. George is special needs and has quite complex needs and a communication impairment and was in for the 4 days during the Easter holidays and your team dealt with him so well considering they had never met him before and he had a fantastic time. Our other two children aged 7 and 11 had a fantastic time for the 2 days they were in.” Lucy Scott-Watson and family
- “Winchester House…is the best playscheme J has attended….”
- “…staff are a credit to your organisation…”
- “Matthew has enjoyed every visit and one day gave it 12 out of 10.”
- “They really love Daycamps, because of the vast range of activities and because the staff join in with them.”
- “..he loved it when he first started, he did a couple of days then he wanted to do more! Excellent range of activities.”
- “D just loves going to YMCA and asks to go every hol even when we don’t need him to. Staff are so friendly and enthusiastic.”
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (registration Ofsted Reg: EY 337340). All of our staff are DBS checked to the enhanced level. We also have the following measures in place –
- Child protection
- Child and youth engagement skills
- First Aid (appointed person)
- Child Behaviour Management
Booking couldn’t be easier
- Book Isle of Wight Daycamps online
- Call us on 01983 862441 and book over the telephone
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Cheque (if completing a hard copy booking form or in person)
- Cash (in advance, in person)
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, you must pay in full at the time of booking using a credit/debit card and send us the vouchers for the childcare element of the booking with a clear reference of which child the payment relates to. Once we receive the vouchers, we will refund the voucher value back to the card with which you paid. It can take between 10-14 working days to refund you once we have received the vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher..
Our Isle of Wight Daycamp Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.