Be inspired the YMCA Way at our Portsmouth Daycamps. The YMCA has been welcoming children and young people to Portsmouth Daycamps for over twenty years and use our six values; welcoming, caring, exciting, inspiring, listening, and active to deliver challenging activity programmes for children and young people aged 4-16.
We offer a variety of different programmes throughout the year:
- Infant, Junior and Youth Daycamps – every school holiday
- Saturday Daycamps – every Saturday year round
- Independent & Inset Daycamps – during independent school holidays and selected inset days
- Extended Day – during standard school holiday weeks only
Our social spaces
Follow us for our latest news and share us with your friends.
Please see the links to the left for more details on all of the available options.
Portsmouth Daycamp activities
- There is the opportunity for free play throughout the day
- The main part of the day involves sessions that the children and young people select themselves from various options on offer
- Sessions comprise a mix of active games, offsite trips, craft activities and something a little bit different for those who wish to be challenged or experience something new. Specific programmes are published in advance; see the individual Daycamp pages for further information
Our programmes are available to view for each holiday period on our respective Infant, Junior and Youth Daycamp pages.
What your child will achieve
- Choose their own play opportunities according to their interests
- Have the opportunity to mix, socialise and engage with a group of other children of similar age
- Take part in games and activities to further their physical, emotional, cognitive and creative development
- Opportunity to try new experiences and skills
- Interaction with excellent adult role models
What experience is required?
No experience is needed to attend Daycamps and all abilities and backgrounds are welcome; if you feel that your child requires extra support please contact us to discuss your circumstances on 07789 483709.
We offer the option of an extended day at Portsmouth Daycamps for parents who require additional hours. Offered during the main school holidays only, extended day is available from 7:15am at St Luke’s Church Hall on Greetham Street, Southsea. At 8:15am any Infant and Junior Daycamps children will be escorted to Charter Community Sports Centre for the start of the day.
If you would like further information on Portsmouth Daycamps, a tour of our premises and meet some of our staff, please feel free to contact us to arrange a suitable viewing time.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page. For details on member discounts, see the relevant Daycamp page.
To receive 5% off your online booking please use the code GPDC1056.
Portsmouth Daycamps are located at Charter Community Sports Centre (Infant and Junior Daycamps) and St Lukes Church Hall (all other Daycamps). Both of these centres are located at the following address: Greetham Street, Southsea, Hampshire, PO5 4LH.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
To book: call us on 01489 785228 or book Portsmouth Daycamps online.
For more information on each camp or to contact the camp during each holiday, contact Rob Allman on 07789 483709, Ellie Brodin-Thornhill on 07824809390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All children and young people attending Portsmouth Daycamps should bring the following:
- Packed lunch and a drink (refillable bottle as we have plenty of water on-site)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Activity appropriate clothing
- Tuck money (optional 50p daily limit)
Some feedback from our customers:
“We all love the YMCA as a family and will continue to use for as long as we live in Portsmouth.”
“My children had a great time, as far as they were concerned, it was the best club ever. The staff were great.”
“Excellent service which means I can confidently go to work and know she will have fun, be safe and well looked after.”
“This was the first time my son attended the Portsmouth Daycamps and he had a really good time, the staff were very helpful and friendly and he was made to feel at ease, I will be sending my son again in the future.”
“This is not something I would have usually chosen for my daughter to take part in, it was her choice to attend and the biggest compliment I can give is that she loved it and is already on about going again.”
“I was very relieved that my son had such a great time at the Portsmouth Daycamps – I will be using the service a lot over the summer so it was pretty vital. I feel very confident in sending him knowing he won’t want to leave at the end of the day. Thank you.”
“The YMCA Portsmouth Daycamps are a fantastic service for parents with children on holiday from school.”
“The staff are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and caring and I can go to work knowing that my child is in safe hands.”
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (see our latest Ofsted report registration 143460). We also have the following measures in place:
- All staff hold an enhanced DBS disclosure
- A high proportion of staff hold a full and relevant level three qualification
- Safeguarding and child protection training is updated regularly
- A high proportion of the staff team hold a current paediatric First Aid certificate
- Robust behaviour management procedures
Booking one of our camps couldn’t be easier:
- Book Portsmouth Daycamps online
- Call us on 01489 785228 and book over the telephone
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Cheque ( in person)
- Cash (in person)
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, we ask you to pay in full at the time of booking using a credit or debit card and will refund this payment once we have received your childcare vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher.
Our Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.