Enjoy a fantastic birthday party with the YMCA and leave your child with the happiest of memories!
Available at St Luke’s Church Hall every Saturday, our birthday parties offer an exciting range of activities for children aged 4-14 years. We’ll take care of everything from the activity, staffing, food and importantly the clearing up!
Portsmouth birthday party packages include:
- Party food
- Activity room
- Party room, with decorations and music
- Party bags (under 7’s only)
Children aged 8 or over can opt to extend the party to 3.5 hours with an additional activity. Please note there is a minimum charge for 10 children, with a maximum of up to 24 children. If you would like to bring more than 24 children or combine a party with friends, please discuss your plans with us and we may be able to make special arrangements.
For further information, see the tabs below.
How to Book
To book a party, contact us on 07824 809390 to check availability and discuss your options. When booking, please take a few minutes to read our booking conditions.
Our social spaces
Follow us for our latest news and share us with your friends.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
Listed below are the options, length of time and appropriate age group for each activity. Children aged up to and including 7 years can combine sessions to make a total of 90 minutes of activity; children 8 years and over can combine sessions for 90 or 180 minutes of activity. For more details please take a look at our activity descriptions.
|Blind Trail||45 or 90||4-7|
|Sports and Games||45 or 90||4-11|
- Our Portsmouth birthday parties are held every Saturday, apart from Christmas and New Year.
- Parties run for two hours and include 90 minutes of activity followed by 30 minutes for the party tea.
- Two hour parties start at 10:30am and 1:45pm; three and-a-half hour parties start at 1:45pm only.
Our birthday parties are held at St Lukes Church Hall, Greetham Street, Southsea, Hampshire, PO5 4LH.
The birthday tea is as follows:
- Mixture of ham sandwiches and cheese sandwiches
- Breaded chicken chunks
- Cocktail sausages
- Cherry tomatoes
- Selection from: muffins, doughnuts or biscuits
- Orange or blackcurrant squash
The same menu is provided for all ages, with children aged 11 years and over receiving larger portion sizes; we are able to cater for special diets.
The cost is calculated on a per head basis, with a minimum party size of 10 children.
- Younger activities: £11 per child (1 x 90 min or 2 x 45 min sessions from the above list + 30 min party tea)
- All other activities: £13 per child (1 x 90 min session + 30 min party tea) or £18 per child (2 x 90 min sessions + 30 min party tea).
For parties with children aged 11 years and over, an additional £1 per child is for larger food portions for the party tea.
Remember YMCA members receive a 20% discount!