Breakfast & after school club
The breakfast and after school clubs at Weston Park Primary School provide a valuable service to parents of children attending from the local community. They provide a safe, secure and informal environment for children, allowing them to be creative and to explore through play.
We welcome children aged from 4 (Reception year) up to 11 years.
Times & prices
Every week day during term-time, as follows:
- Breakfast Club: 8am-9am £3.30 per child per session
- After school club – two sessions available:
- 3.15pm-4.15pm (no tea) £4.50 per session
- 3.15pm-5.15pm (including tea) £7.35 per session
- 4.15pm-5.15pm (come to us after your clubs) £5.50 per session
As well as the breakfast club and after school club, during each school holiday we also offer Daycamps in the local area at the Oasis Academy Mayfield.
The club is based in the YMCA Nursery within the grounds of the school.
What will children achieve?
The children attending the breakfast and after school clubs will see the following improved outcomes:
- Opportunity to mix, socialise and engage with a group of other children.
- Take part in games and activities to further their physical, emotional, cognitive and creative development.
- Opportunity to try new experiences and skills.
- Interaction with excellent adult role models.
- Become part of a welcoming and friendly club environment.
Want to take a look around?
If you would like further information, a tour of our premises and meet some of our staff, please feel free to contact us on 02380 431186 to arrange a suitable viewing time, or take a look at the Contact Us tab below, for more options.
Our social spaces
For up to date news follow us:
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (latest report Registration EY330646). We also have the following measures in place:
- All staff are DBS checked to the enhanced level.
- A high proportion of staff are First Aid trained and have a full and relevant level 3 childcare qualification.
- Staff receive regular training around Safeguarding, Child Protection and other relevant areas.
- A staff:child ratio of 1:8 for children aged under 8 years.
- Robust behaviour management procedures.
What will they be doing?
The club provides a safe and secure environment in which children can play with a varied activity programme.
- There is the opportunity to undertake homework.
- A freshly prepared healthy snack is provided each day.
- Staff are available to support the children at all times and provide and maintain an excellent link with parents and carers by building strong, open relationships.
For general information regarding the club, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02380 431186.
All parents will need to complete a Registration Form for their child each academic year. Our Registration form also contains our booking conditions, which should be read prior to registering.
Please print off and complete a copy of our registration form and booking conditions, or if you would like us to send one to you, please call us on 02380 431186.
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Direct Debit for regular or ad hoc bookings
- Credit/debit card for ad hoc bookings (payment must be made at time of booking)
- Childcare vouchers (see a list of approved childcare voucher providers).
As all of our schemes are Ofsted registered, you may be able to offset the cost through the childcare element of working tax credits.