Using the knowledge and experience gained from running Fairthorne Manor Daycamps for the last 35 years, we now offer exciting school holiday programmes at the Oasis Academy Mayfield in Sholing. Our friendly and enthusiastic staff team fully utilise the fantastic facilities that the Academy has to offer, providing children and young people a chance to enjoy and achieve.
To keep up to date with Daycamps news and updates on our Facebook and Twitter sites.
Children at Southampton Daycamps are given a choice of 3 activities, allowing them to remain in their peer groups and have the freedom to do what they really love.
Camps are offered virtually every school holiday from 8.00am-6.00pm Monday-Friday, with bookings made by the day for all holiday periods.
Our next programme is running from Monday 20th February – Friday 24th February 2017 – see our February programme.
Times & prices
We’ve recently changed our times so that parents aren’t paying for time they don’t need. There are two options:
- Full day 8.00am-6.00pm at £26.00 per child per day
- Standard day 9.00am-4.00pm at £21 per day.
Members who book Daycamps early can make the following fantastic savings:
|20% off||15% off||10% off|
|February 2017||Book by 23rd January||By 6th February||After 6th February|
All discount deadlines are at 5pm on the given dates. There are no early booking discounts available for non-members.
What activities are on offer at Southampton Daycamps?
- At each end of the day, there is an opportunity for free play with access to a range of play and sports equipment.
- Main activity sessions run from 10.00am-4.30pm, where children can select an activity from a range of options and are free to change between activities.
- Sessions comprise a mix of physical games, craft activities, cookery and much more
- Access to the school Tuck shop is also available.
What will children achieve?
- Opportunity to mix, socialise and engage with a group of other children of similar age
- Take part in games and activities to further their physical, emotional, cognitive and creative development
- Opportunity to try new experiences and skills
- Interaction with excellent adult role models
What experience is required?
No previous experience and all abilities and backgrounds are welcome to Southampton Sholing Daycamps; if you feel that your child requires extra support please contact us to discuss your circumstances on 01489 785228.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- call us on 01489 785228 and book over the telephone with full payment
- book Southampton Daycamps online
- During each Daycamps period, if you have any concerns regarding your child, contact us on 07956745383.
All bookings must be made in advance. Cash bookings cannot be accepted on the day.
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, we ask you to pay in full at the time of booking using a credit or debit card and will refund this payment once we have received your childcare vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher.
Our Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.
All children and young people attending Southampton Sholing Daycamps should bring the following:
- Packed lunch and a drink (refillable bottle as we have plenty of water on-site)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Activity appropriate clothing
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (registration EY450543). We have a ratio of 1:8 for children aged under 8 years and 1:12 for children aged 8 years and over.
We also have the following measures in place:
- All staff hold an enhanced CRB disclosure
- A high proportion of staff hold a full and relevant level three qualification
- Safeguarding and child protection training is updated regularly
- A high proportion of the staff team hold a current paediatric First Aid certificate
- Robust behaviour management procedures