Using the knowledge and experience gained from running Fairthorne Manor Daycamps for the last 35 years, we now offer exciting school holiday programmes at the Oasis Academy Mayfield in Sholing. Our friendly and enthusiastic staff team fully utilise the fantastic facilities that the Academy has to offer, providing children and young people a chance to enjoy and achieve.
To keep up to date with Daycamps news and updates on our Facebook and Twitter sites.
Daycamps are offered virtually every school holiday from 8.00am-6.00pm Monday-Friday, with bookings made by the day for all holiday periods.
Children are offered a choice of activities, allowing them to remain in their peer groups and have the freedom to do what they really love. We publish an activity programme before each holiday – see our summer programme for an example of what your child can enjoy! This summer, our camps are offered weekdays between 26th July – 25th August.
Times & prices
There’s a couple of options depending on your families needs:
- Standard day from 9.00am-4.00pm just £21 per day
- Full day from 8.00am-6.00pm just £26 per day
Members who book Daycamps early can make the following fantastic savings:
|20% off||15% off||10% off|
|Summer||Book by 26th June||By 10th July||After 10th July|
All discount deadlines are at 5pm on the given dates. There are no early booking discounts available for non-members.
What activities are on offer at Southampton Daycamps?
- At each end of the day, there is an opportunity for free play with access to a range of play and sports equipment.
- Main activity sessions run from 10.00am-4.30pm, where children can select an activity from a range of options and are free to change between activities.
- Sessions comprise a mix of physical games, craft activities, cookery and much more
- Access to the school Tuck shop is also available.
What will children achieve?
- Opportunity to mix, socialise and engage with a group of other children of similar age
- Take part in games and activities to further their physical, emotional, cognitive and creative development
- Opportunity to try new experiences and skills
- Interaction with excellent adult role models
What experience is required?
No previous experience and all abilities and backgrounds are welcome to Southampton Sholing Daycamps; if you feel that your child requires extra support please contact us to discuss your circumstances on 01489 785228.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- call us on 02380 441648 and book over the telephone with full payment
- book Southampton Daycamps online
- During each Daycamps period, if you have any concerns regarding your child, contact us on 07956745383.
All bookings must be made in advance. Cash bookings cannot be accepted on the day.
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, you must pay in full at the time of booking using a credit/debit card and send us the vouchers for the childcare element of the booking with a clear reference of which child the payment relates to. Once we receive the vouchers, we will refund the voucher value back to the card with which you paid. It can take between 10-14 working days to refund you once we have received the vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher.
Our Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.
All children and young people attending Southampton Sholing Daycamps should bring the following:
- Packed lunch and a drink (refillable bottle as we have plenty of water on-site)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Activity appropriate clothing
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (registration EY450543). We have a ratio of 1:8 for children aged under 8 years and 1:12 for children aged 8 years and over.
We also have the following measures in place:
- All staff hold an enhanced CRB disclosure
- A high proportion of staff hold a full and relevant level three qualification
- Safeguarding and child protection training is updated regularly
- A high proportion of the staff team hold a current paediatric First Aid certificate
- Robust behaviour management procedures