The YMCA plays an important part in the support and development of family life across southern England with a growing list of services for the community in Southampton, Basingstoke, Gosport, Portsmouth, Dorset, Winchester and the Isle of Wight.
Our welcoming settings and caring environments put young people and their families first and our mission is to ‘champion and add value to young lives by providing experiences that challenge, enable and develop the individual.’
Our values: listening, caring, welcoming, exciting, inspiring, active
Our unique approach brings our mission and values to life, supporting each child to develop individually and encouraging children and their families to achieve positive outcomes – the YMCA Way.
- Camping – spend quality time together in the great outdoors at our Family Park & Campsite
- Family Festival – challenge your family at our weekend festival; activities, catering and accommodation included.
- Family events – get together for a family BBQ in a beautiful setting or join us for one of member events.
- Family activities - get active together, including Family Daycamps
- Birthday parties – celebrate your child’s birthday in style at Fairthorne Manor or Portsmouth
- Baby & Toddler groups – make new friends in Shanklin, Newport, Gosport, Woolston and Newtown
- YMCA Cafe in Winchester – relax with a soothing coffee or join us for one of our monthly family activities.
- Parent & Infant Service - supporting parents through any concerns or difficulties that they may be experiencing.
For more information on each service for families, please visit the relevant geographical location.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.