Camping has been a part of YMCA family since we founded the first continuously used camp in 1861, so by choosing us for your camping holiday you will be benefiting from over 150 years of experience!
Why you should camp
- Life is hectic, re-establish relationships with your children by removing life’s daily distractions
- Spend quality time together with friends and family, building stronger bonds
- Let children be children in a safe environment
- Teach your children to respect nature, to savour the fresh air and relate to the great outdoors
- Create lasting memories
- Camping is adaptable and available to all ages
- With the YMCA, you can get to try adventure activities too
Ways to camp with the YMCA
We’ve got loads of ways for you to try camping with us, whether it’s your first time or if you’re a seasoned camper:
- Campsite – our Family Park & Campsite at Fairthorne Manor is a beautiful location, dotted with trees, a stream, plenty of space and a modern toilet and shower block
- Family Festival – all inclusive weekends including camping fees, activities, full board and tent hire. May and August Bank Holiday weekends.
- Camp out weekends – Join us for one of our exciting camp out weekends in July, August & September 2017!
- Group visits for schools, youth and church groups – more structured visits available for organised groups looking for different outcomes.
For further information, see the individual pages listed above or contact us on 01489 785228 to make a booking.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.