Join us at our beautiful woodland camp, Robin’s Nest, for a morning of play and adventure. Explore our woodland with your little one, try some natural crafts, maybe go on a bug hunt, a stream walk or go puddle jumping – the possibilities are endless! Our sessions normally end with snack time and songs or stories around the campfire.
What might our session include?
- Exploring the woodland & grassland areas
- Fire lighting & campfire cooking
- Pond dipping & stream walks
- Puddle jumping
- Playing in the mud kitchen
- Bug & wildlife spotting
- Building with natural building blocks
- Playing in music corner
- Natural crafts & bark rubbings
- Ice play
- Making bird feeders and houses
Sessions will go ahead in almost all weathers, so please come prepared with appropriate clothing. We have a shelter and fire pit, so if the weather is inclement there are plenty of activities we can do under the shelter. The group is designed for parents and children together and children must be accompanied for the whole session.
Dates & Prices
This year we are increasing the number of sessions we offer, please see below for more information. Sessions are run during term time only and will be running from Monday 24th April – Saturday 22nd July 2017. Further details are below:
- Friday AM sessions 10-11.30 will be running from Friday 28th April to Friday 21st July. These are our normal Treetots sessions and are aimed at pre-school children between 1 and 5 years old.
- Monday AM sessions 10-11.30 will be running from Monday 24th April to Monday 17th July. These sessions will be aimed at pre-school children between 1 and 5 years old and will be a repeat of the Friday before’s session. So if our Friday AM is booked then there is still another chance to join us!
- Friday PM sessions are aimed at older pre-school children and homeschooled children. Aged between 2-10 yr olds. These sessions will run from 1.15-2.45pm and will run a handful of times each term. Dates for the term will be Friday 5th May, Friday 9th June, Friday 14th July.
- Saturday AM sessions are our Family Treetots sessions. Fun in the woods for the whole family! Have you come along to Treetots and wished your school aged children could come too? Or your partner, or you’d like to bring the grandparents to join in the fun? Well now is your chance!! These sessions will run a handful of times during each term between 10.45 and 12.15pm and will include all our usual Treetots fun! Dates for the term are Saturday 13th May, Saturday 17th June, Saturday 24th June, Saturday 8th July and Saturday 22nd July.
The cost is just £5 per child with the accompanying adult free and just £3 for each additional child in the same family, with under 1s free of charge. YMCA Members enjoy 10% off. Places must be paid for in full at time of booking – please take a few moments to read our booking conditions. Please note our Monday sessions are a repeat of our Friday sessions.
Make a booking
Please call 01489 785228 ext 201 to make a booking.
We offer a loyalty card scheme, collect a stamp for each child paid for and after 10 stamps you receive a Treetots present!
Things you need to know
- Remember to bring wellies and waterproofs and a spare pair of clothes.
- We will be going off path so for non walkers please bring a backpack or all terrain pushchair.
- We will have a snack and drink before the end of the session.
- Registration is open from 15 minutes before the start of each session time.
- If you have any questions about Treetots, please call 01489 785228 ext 201.
Please note, we travel ‘off path’, so for non-walkers please bring a backpack or all terrain pushchair.
For more information, contact us on email@example.com or 01489 785228.
Become a YMCA Member today and enjoy 10% off Parent & Toddler sessions. Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.