We are renowned for our work with children and young people, but parents are always asking us why they can’t join in the fun. So every summer, we offer families the chance to enjoy time together at Family Festival including a packed activity programme, evening entertainment and relaxed atmosphere. We even do all the cooking and washing up!
Each family festival includes:
- accommodation – bring your own tent or use a pre-erected YMCA tent (6 or 8 person frame tent with a wooden floor).
- 2 night (Friday to Sunday) or 3 night (Friday to Monday) options
- exciting outdoor adventure activities (extra activities will be offered which may incur an additional charge but are not included in the Festival package)
- evening entertainment, including campfire on one night
- catering – full board from Friday night until your lunch on departure day
- comfortable environment to relax with family and friends
To give you an idea of what’s on offer during family festival, see our sample programme, sample menu and kit list which provide further information including what to bring and expect. Around 1-2 weeks prior to the camp, we send a more detailed weekend outline and schedule of activities to those that have booked.
“Absolutely wonderful time at the Family Festival. The staff are superb – friendly, knowledgeable and encouraging. We made new friends, tried out fun activities and learned new skills. A well earned 5 stars*****”
“We have watched our 5 year old daughter grow in confidence hugely just over the weekend! Thank you for providing us with such great opportunities!”
“A really family and child focused experience with great staff that operate like a well oiled machine”
“Such a magical place and a great team. We went to both family festivals last year and loved them”
- May Family Festival – Friday 26th – Monday 29th May 2017 (booking deadline 5pm on Friday 12th May 2017)
- August Family Festival – Friday 25th – Monday 28th August 2017 (booking deadline 5pm on Friday 11th August 2017)
This year we will be having another Family Festival in May but this will be with indoors accommodation.
- Friday 28th April – Monday 1st May 2017 (booking deadline 5pm on Thursday 13th April). For more information click here.
How much does Family Festival cost?
Places are charged per head with the option of adding YMCA tent hire if you don’t have your own. We have a limited number of YMCA tents so please book early!
|2 nights Under 2s||FREE||FREE|
|2 nights Child (2-8 years)||£30||£27|
|2 nights Adult (9yrs+)||£65||£58.50|
|3 nights Under 2s||FREE||FREE|
|3 nights Child (2-8 years)||£40||£36|
|3 nights Adult (9yrs+)||£90||£81|
|6 man tent||£40||£40|
|8 man tent||£50||£50|
We’ve made some changes:
- Children aged 9 and over can access all of our activities and are therefore charged at the adult rate. Under 9s can access approximately 50% of the activities and are therefore charged at a lower rate.
- Booking as a group – if you’re getting a bunch of people together, please agree a unique name for your group and ensure all those booking let our sales team know at time of booking. We will do our very best to accommodate requests for groups to be near each other, but for operational reasons we cannot guarantee this or a particular location on site.
Make a booking
To book call us on 01489 785228, with full payment required at time of booking. Please ensure you read a copy of our booking conditions before making a booking. Approximately 2 weeks prior to each camp, we’ll send a more detailed information pack to those families with confirmed bookings.
Want to enjoy a camping weekend on a different date?
Why not bring your tent, caravan or campervan to our Family Park & Campsite.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.