As well as offering the full residential experience at Fairthorne Manor, school and group day visits are also offered. Groups can make the most of wide range of activities for anything from a single activity to a full day programme.
Our activity packages are popular with many visitors, but if you have a bespoke visit in mind please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can tailor make a package for you.
All activities are located on our 111 acre site where we have our own lake and access to the upper reaches of the River Hamble, enabling us to make the most of the time visitors have with us. We offer over 20 activities providing a wide range of options to develop:
- team building
- problem solving
- decision making
- leadership & planning
- personal challenge
Our activity groups are based on a maximum of 12 children per group.
To ensure we maximise the availability of our activities and staff and offer opportunities to as many groups as possible, we use the following activity times for our school and group day trips with all sessions running for 90 minutes:
|(January – March & November-December)||(April – October)|
Please note that water activities are only offered between April and October inclusive.
YMCA Fairthorne Manor is a Hampshire County Council approved outdoor activity centre with the following accreditation:
- Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) – water-sports, including bell boating, raft building, kayaking, open canoeing and sailing. Licence details can be confirmed by calling The Licensing Service on 029 2075 5715; alternatively visit the AALA website and enter “Fairthorne” in the “centre/provider” box.
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) – recognised as a training centre to provide instruction for dinghy and powerboat courses
- Our instructors are in-house trained for various activities and externally assessed by the relevant bodies. e.g by British Canoe Union assessors to deliver kayaking, canoeing and bell boating.
Our team of dedicated staff are our greatest resource for our school and group day trips:
- friendly, flexible and approachable
- CRB checked to the enhanced level
- First Aid trained (appointed person)
- trained in child protection
- trained in child and youth engagement skills
- trained in child behaviour management
We have a core of permanent, high quality delivery staff for our school and group day trips which is enhanced each year with the addition of enthusiastic overseas and UK volunteers and apprentices.
For images of the activities, please visit our comprehensive gallery.
We have various day packages depending on your requirements. See our 2017 group visit price pack for further details. If you are looking for a tailor-made school and group trips package please contact our friendly sales team.
For details on how to make a booking or for further information, see the “How to book” section on our Fairthorne Manor page or contact us on 01489 785228.
Once you have made a booking with us, we will send you further information and forms that need to be completed in advance of your visit. Our information pack for group leaders to read in advance of a visit includes general information regarding the site along with a kit list for parents and group leaders, medical sheet to advise us of any relevant issues for a member of your party and a catering sheet to advise us of any dietary requirements for your group if we are providing any meals for you.