School & Group Activities
Residential schools and groups staying at Winchester House also have the opportunity to take part in our on site activities to supplement the rest of their trip programme. The flexibility of the activities means that groups can choose self led sessions or more specialist sessions run by YMCA staff.
Self led activities
These group activities make the most of the secure grounds and stunning location on the cliff top overlooking Hope Bay. Available for all groups subject to equipment availability:
- Beach/sand toys (buckets, spades, nets )
- Boules/petanque pitch 4 player)
- Giant Connect 4
- Giant dominoes
- Giant Jenga
- Play parachute
- Circus Skills Equipment (juggling balls, diablos, spinning plates)
- Table football and table tennis
YMCA led activities
Residential groups of 30 or more children staying on a full board basis for 3 nights or more are entitled to two free evening activities from the list below.
- Wide Games – an exhausting selection of individual and team games such as Capture the Flag, Ultimate Frisbee and Ambush facilitated by YMCA staff.
- Disco – a two hour disco with optional party games.
- Movie Night – wrap up with your duvets and watch a movie on our large projector screen, with popcorn and snacks available to purchase.
All the above activities run for 2 hours. Free activities are offered to groups of 30 and more, smaller groups will be subject to a charge. If your group size is over 50 children, please contact us on 01983 862441 to discuss activity options.
Groups can add extra activities in addition to the two free sessions at a cost of £3 per child per activity (subject to a minimum £40 charge).
For further information please contact us on 01489 785228.