For Young People
YMCA plays an important part in the support and development of young people across southern England with a growing list of services for the community in Southampton, Basingstoke, Gosport, Winchester and the Isle of Wight.
Our welcoming settings and caring environments put young people first and our mission is to ‘champion and add value to young lives by providing experiences that challenge, enable and develop the individual.’
Our values: listening, caring, welcoming, exciting, inspiring, active
Our unique approach brings our mission and values to life, supporting each child to develop individually and encouraging children, young people and their families to achieve positive outcomes – the YMCA Way.
- Housing – providing a safe place and support for young people
- Development and leadership opportunities – camps for potential leaders and apprenticeships for young people to begin their work journey
- Young carers – support services and advice in a local setting and a hosting a national festival
- Youth work – community bases, outreach work and support in schools for young people
- Counselling – for support when you really need it.
For more information on each service for young people, please visit the relevant geographical location.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.