YMCA Basingstoke housing offers comfort, value for money and a feeling of community at its central location for single young people aged 18-30 years.
The 80 modern, furnished, self catered flats are located in large grounds situated close to the city centre, within walking distance of the train station and all main facilities. Each unit offers:
- comfortable bedroom/bed-sit room
- wet room
- small kitchen
YMCA Basingstoke is a low level support hostel; we can provide some assistance with housing issues but expect residents to be able to support themselves. Unfortunately, we are unable to house those with very high support needs.
As part of the sense of community, residents enjoy and share the following facilities:
- residents lounge – a chill out area with television, Wi-Fi and pool table
- computer room
- laundry/washing facilities
- monthly games evening & food kindly supplied by St Mary’s Church
- trips to YMCA Fairthorne Manor, near Southampton, for outdoor adventure activities including abseiling, climbing and canoeing. These trips are fantastic for team building, raising self esteem and promote a sense of wellbeing and achievement.
- regular summer BBQs catered by the staff and free to residents, a great opportunity for staff and residents to communicate and relax.
- large communal gardens for leisure activities, picnics, BBQs and relaxing! For keen gardeners there is an allotment patch
Residents hold regular meetings to discuss any issues regarding communal activities, with a YMCA staff member attending meetings to provide input to the committees ideas. The committee is also responsible for deciding how communal funds raised from the pool tables and vending machines are spent on resident activities, such as the YMCA football team.
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
We’re located at Eastrop Way, Basingstoke RG21 4QD Tel: 01256 479696
Images will be uploaded here shortly.
The accommodation is let on an initial six month assured shorthold tenancy, which will then become a statutory periodic tenancy provided there are no rent arrears or problems with how the tenancy is managed.
Covering the cost
The current rate is £141.81 every week, with housing benefit available for applicants who receive Job Seekers Allowance, other benefits or who are on a low income.