Global Youth Leaders
1st – 29th July & 2nd – 30th August 2015 (16-18 years)
In 2015 we will be running two programmes, each 4 weeks long, offering even more young people the chance to enjoy the Global Youth Leaders experience.
What is Global Youth Leaders?
Global Youth Leaders is for young people from different countries and cultures that want to enjoy a summer of development, leadership training and fun! We also accept young people from the UK.
The camp is designed to bring together people from all over the world and is open to young people aged 16-18 who are looking for the next step in personal development. This is the perfect opportunity for young people considering working with children, in the outdoors or sports environment in the future or those wanting to spend their summer practicing their language skills in an exciting and challenging environment.
What will you do?
Our Global Youth Leader programme includes:
- Team building
- Language lessons
- Volunteering on Daycamps with children aged 4-16
Participants will be sharing accommodation with other GYL participants on the Fairthorne Manor site and all main meals will be catered for. Our Global Youth Leadership information pack outlines the programme and expected outcomes in more detail.
How much does it cost?
Global Youth Leaders is just £1000 per young person, including accommodation, full board and programmes listed above. We are unable to offer a member discount on this course.
How do you get involved?
To book your place, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Global Youth Leaders Candidate Information form.
- Secure a Police Check.
- Return your completed candidate information form and Police Check via email to Yvette.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Yvette Flynn, Fairthorne Manor, Curdridge, Southmapton, SO30 2GH by Friday 1st May.
- We will contact you by Friday 8th May to let you know if your application has been successful.
- Arrange your flights or other transport.
- Further details, including travel arrangements, what to bring etc will be sent to all successful applicants.
- Send payment for £1,000 by the deadline Friday 5th June
- Start packing!
If you have any questions before or during the application process please do not hesitate to get in contact to email@example.com.
Please be aware we are full for July and August 2016.