We believe there is untapped young talent on the island.
A number of successful, creative and exciting businesses have been started by young islanders, recent examples include Rapanui and Isle of Wight Cheese.
We aim to build your skills and experience to support your future prospects.
- Aged between 11 and 25?
- Interested in running your very own business or event?
- Want to help a charity of your choice?
- See yourself as the next Lord Sugar?
Here on the Isle of Wight, YMCA Futures can help make your idea a reality, by providing –
- Up to £1,000 for business or event costs
- Development and implementation support
- On-going help and advice from local, highly successful business people
In terms of ideas think weird, wackey or just plain simple, there are no restrictions. We want to encourage you to use your talents and creativity. The time it takes to complete will depend on your commitments.
You will have the opportunity to present your idea to a panel of business professionals via a Dragon Den style event. Don’t worry, we can help you to scratch up your presentation skills.
The charity of your choice will gain 50% of your profits, whilst the other 50% will go towards more young people participating in projects run by YMCA Futures…that’s right you will be helping a charity of your choice and enabling more young people to give it a go. Now that’s what we call community power!
Applications now accepted until further notice. Please go to our ‘Apply’ tab below.
Check out our application FAQ’s
Our 11-19’s project is funded by the Isle of Wight Council’s Youth Offer. Our sibling project for 19-25’s is funded by the Isle of Wight Foundation (Island Roads).
Application now accepted.
Alternatively complete the ‘Contact us’ form below…
Please contact us if you have any questions, or would like further information:
- Telephone: 01983 861076
- Post: YMCA Futures, Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight, PO37 6HT
- Email: email@example.com
Schools and agencies working with young people can support us in many ways:
- Provide us with an opportunity to inform young people at your site
- Request flyers
- Notify your partner agencies, spread the word!
- Email or post completed applications directly to us
- Retweet our news and information
- Offer young people with meeting spaces or the use of IT equipment
- Sponsor our unique celebration events or seed funding
- Encourage staff to sign-up as Volunteer Business Mentors or Support Volunteers
- Tell us how you would like to get involved
Businesses can fulfill their corporate social responsibility policy, by helping us to support young people participating in YMCA Futures. We value and welcome offers of support.
- offer young people with discounted (or free) goods to support their fundraising ideas.
- enable employees to share their experience and skills during our group workshops. Areas include: product design, sales and marketing, finance, health and safety, motivation, team building and leadership
- encourage employees to become Volunteer Business Mentors (check out our volunteer section)
- sponsor or part-contribute to seed funding
- run a fundraising event or donate to help sustain the project. We use donations for project equipment, training, celebration events, core costs that enable the YMCA to deliver the project
- propose other means of support that we’ve not thought of. We are all ears….
We will endeavour to promote any support provided via the media.
Download our Business Mentor role description here (PDF)
Need more info? Contact us today
*Enhanced DBS check will apply. Training and travel expenses covered.
YMCA Futures is promoted directly through schools and agencies working with young people. Feel free to contact us today to help us reach more young people.
View our news posts to keep up to date:
News article Quick spread the word, YMCA Futures opens it’s doors to 11-25 year olds…
News article Successful business heads…
News article New name announced…
Donations received will enable us to offer further opportunities for 11-25 year olds to participate.
Please donate via justgiving.com/ymcafuturesenterpriseproject/ or contact us directly.