Newtown Youth & Community Centre
Transforming communities is at the heart of our work and in recent times we have continued to provide support and services across Southampton.
In May 2015, we re-opened the YMCA Youth & Community Centre providing a community hub for the area, with services for both the community and agencies across a range of ages. The centre adds to the valuable community services provided by the YMCA in Newtown, including the YMCA Pre-school in Northumberland Road.
Rob Da Bank monthly music club launches
YMCA Newtown is proud to announce it’s teaming up with Bestival creator Rob da Bank to launch a new monthly music club at the centre.
The partnership between Rob da Bank, the Bestival Foundation and SoCo Music Project has created Rob da Bank’s Music Club, a new, inclusive, open-access monthly music workshop. The Music Club offers a variety of music making activities for young people aged 13-19 led by professional musicians and guest artists. Young people will have the opportunity to take part in a range of fun activities including DJ workshops, music production/music tech workshops, MCing, Street dance, live music jams and beginners’ guitar.
Entry is free, so join us from 6.30pm-8.30pm on October 14th, November 11th and December 16th.
Keep it social
Keep up to date with our latest news on our social spaces:
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.
See images and videos from our youth and community centre.
— YMCA Southampton (@YMCASouthampton) October 3, 2015
Our Newtown Youth and Community Centre has a wide variety of modern and practical facilities that will be of great benefit to both the community and agencies.
- dance studio
- IT suite with 15 computers
- TV and sound system, Playstations and Nintendo Wii.
- Our large indoor hall is perfect for hosting both sports tournaments and parties, with equipment including basketball hoops, table tennis, footballs and many other sporting activities
- outdoor pitch ideal for football and cricket games.
Our Youth & Community Centre aims to provide a large variety of sessions that will meet the needs of the local community, including:
- Youth sessions – just 50p per session, including football, basketball, table tennis, PS3, Wii, pool table, cooking, tuck shop, SoCo music project & more!
- Monday 5:00-7:00pm: mixed session for 8-19yrs
- Wednesday 4:00-6:00pm: mixed sessions for 8-19yrs
- Friday 6:30pm-8:30pm: mixed session for 8-19yrs
- Girls groups *coming soon*
- Football Tournaments
- Tuck Shop
- Women’s Groups
- Craft Sessions
- Quiz Nights
- School holiday Daycamps for 8+
We aim to keep our prices as affordable as possible, enabling as much of the community as possible to access our services:
- Youth club sessions: 50p per young person per session
- Basketball or football just £1 per person per hour on Monday to Thursday (10:00am-2:00pm) and Friday (12:00pm-2:00pm)
- Sports hall hire – hire it out to host your birthday party at just £15 per hour.
Contact us on 02380 330007 to discuss your requirements or arrange a visit.
To ensure we provide the best possible services for the community, our aim is to link with as many agencies as possible to help provide groups and sessions. If you are interested in getting involved at the centre, please contact us.
We will be offering much of the centre for hire by agencies enabling you to run your own sessions: (please note the prices are subject to change)
- Hall Hire: £20.00/hour
- Meeting Room: £15.00/hour
- Dance studio: £15.00/hour
- Music suite: £15.00/hour
- Outdoor astroturf pitch hire: £15.00/hour (£18.00/hour with floodlights)
- IT suite £30.00/hour or £3.00/person/hour
Please contact us on 02380 330007 for further information.
Contact the Youth & Community Centre on 02380 330007 or the following staff who will be pleased to help you:
Sharlien Kennedy (Community Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Billie Murphy (Community Worker) email@example.com
Alternatively, if you have any feedback for the Youth & Community Centre please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find is in Newtown opposite the back of the Royal South Hants Hospital:
Newtown Youth & Community Centre