Support in Schools
YMCA delivers a range of programmes within the school environment to support the most vulnerable and challenging students to re-engage with the curriculum and wider school life. We can partner schools to complement the care and support systems already in place, adding further capacity and value to their work. Programmes can be tailored to meet the individual needs of your group with the option of residential or day visits.
Within schools we have developed two specific programmes which we are currently successfully delivering:
Our re-integration and skill building course designed to help young people who are finding it hard to engage with the school community. The key features:
- Designed to work with some of the most challenging and vulnerable young people within the school community
- Based around 6 key topics
- Delivered using 1:1 mentoring and group activity sessions, based both at Fairthorne Manor and in school
- Proven track record in increasing attendance and lowering instances of challenging behaviour
- Can be delivered both on an intensive 1 week basis as well as the more typical 16 week delivery.
Transition from primary to secondary school prepares the more vulnerable pupils for the transition to secondary school. For many students we work with on this programme, they are already dealing with difficult life circumstances and worry about the potentially daunting transition. This programme works in both small groups and on a 1:1 basis to help build confidence and self esteem and prepare for the next stage of schooling.
For further details of these programmes or to discuss your requirements, please contact us on 02380 210227.
Our social spaces
For up to date news follow us:
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.