Youth Work Programmes
YMCA offers bespoke youth work courses to suit the needs of your group. We work with group leaders to create programmes that suit the needs and abilities of each individual, with all programmes making use of our fantastic outdoor activity facilities, creating opportunities for growth and development through physical activity and hands-on tasks.
Programmes can be created in a range of formats, from one day to a 12 week course, or an intensive youth work week, with the option of a residential stay also available.
Examples of our work
Since 2008 we have worked with Eastleigh Borough Council and local schools to deliver a 12 week youth work programme for 11-15 year olds at risk of disengaging with school. Young people use outdoor activities to explore a range of themes, including identity, community and team work. Each session includes an element of formal learning and personal reflection. Young people have the chance to discuss their progress throughout the course. The course begins with a family activity day, allowing young people and their families to get a better understanding of the project together. The course finishes with a family event, inviting families to celebrate their children’s successes.
Feedback from parents of the young people has been very positive:
- “Calmed down and is more considerate of others”
- “Has learnt how to share and face his fears”
- “Happier and more confident”
- “Given my child the confidence to try everything even if it looks tough”
- “More aware of the importance of team work”
- “My daughter’s confidence has improved and has learnt to appreciate other people’s opinions”.
- “She has become more assertive and well mannered”
- “She’s surprised herself at what she can achieve”
- “My daughter has grown with confidence and smiles a lot more again”
- “Very special and wonderful opportunity, thank you very much for giving him this opportunity”.
For further information or to discuss your requirements, please contact a member of the team on 02380 221202.
Our social spaces
For up to date news follow us:
Through membership of the YMCA Community, you will have the chance to feel a greater sense of ownership and belonging, as well as enjoying exclusive member events, discounts and early booking discounts. For more information visit our Membership page.