YMCA Fairthorne Group is much bigger than just your local nursery or Daycamp. We offer services in locations from Basingstoke to Portsmouth, Southampton to the Isle of Wight. As part of the YMCA Community we hope you will feel part of YMCA Fairthorne Group as a whole and make the very most of your family’s YMCA experience. As members you and your family play a vital part in helping us give all children, young people and their families the ability to belong, contribute and thrive.
What are the benefits?
By becoming YMCA Members you and your family will benefit from a whole range of exclusive members’ benefits:
- Events: enjoy a free exclusive members’ event once a month at Fairthorne Manor, Botley, and access to free events at Winchester House, Shanklin. Get involved in exciting members’ events at locations across our organisation, all year round.
- Exclusive offers: enjoy special members’ benefits at all our events and all our services. This includes offers such as early bird booking, free gifts, early entry and more.
- Discounts: enjoy members’ discounts on your favourite services, including Daycamps, camping, birthday parties, refereshments in our cafes and more
How can I help the YMCA?
Volunteer: throughout the year we have exciting volunteering opportunities across the organisation.
Tell us Your Views: join your local Members’ Committee or our brand new Members’ Council to help decide the future of the YMCA.
Fundraise: join one of our challenge events or organise your own to raise vital funds!
At each of our events, members’ can take advantage of an exclusive offer, this could be a discount, early entry, a free gift or more.
See our events page for all the latest news. Keep checking back as we add more throughout the year!
Enjoy members’ discounts on your favourite services:
- Up to 20% off Daycamps at Fairthorne Manor, Portsmouth, Sholing and Shanklin
- 10% off camping, BBQ & fire pit hire and refreshments at Fairthorne Manor Family Park & Campsite
- 10% off activities at Fairthorne Manor
- 20% off birthday parties at Fairthorne Manor and in Portsmouth
- 10% off After School Club at Portsmouth Grammar School
- 10% off Family Festivals at Fairthorne Manor
- Discounts and early bird booking discounts at various YMCA events throughout the year
Please note that members’ discounts are not offered on the following services:
- group residential or day visits
- venue hire and related food/drink purchases
- counselling training or sessions
- nursery fees
We encourage all of our members to get involved in volunteering.
Volunteering is a unique way for members to get an idea of how and where YMCA Fairthorne Group works. Through volunteering, we believe that all members will develop a stronger sense of ownership and belonging. Volunteering is also a great way to make new friends within the organisation, by meeting other members with whom you may not usually cross paths. For young people, volunteering is a great way to try out new things, build new skills and take on some real responsibility. To find out how you can get involved, visit our volunteering pages, speak to the staff at your local branch, or email any ideas you might have to email@example.com and we would be happy to discuss opportunities with you!
Tell us Your Views
- Join your local members’ committee to help decide how fundraising is spent, help allocate bursary places, give vital feedback and get involved in events. Contact your local branch manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- Want to help decide the future of YMCA Fairthorne Group? Why not join our brand new Members’ Council and work with senior staff, trustees and other members to have your voice heard. To get involved email email@example.com.
- Let us know what we’ve done well, what we can improve, and any ideas you may have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of our fantastic challenge events, bring your family, challenge your work colleagues or enter with a friend:
- 11th September Walk the YMCA Way, Fairthorne Manor
- 18th March Sleep Easy, Southampton
- 4th June Cycle the YMCA Way, Fairthorne Manor
Got an idea for your own fundraising event? Give us a call on 01489 785 228 or email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Membership lasts for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Membership fee for 2016 is £55 per family per year – a family being any number of people who live at the same address.
- Nursery and pre-school customers receive automatic membership up until 1 year after their youngest child leaves YMCA childcare, and are exempt from paying the £55 membership fee.
- Members’ discount applies to the following YMCA Fairthorne Group services and products: campsite bookings, birthday parties, Daycamps and residential camps, family activities including the Family Festival, products in the Fairthorne Manor Family Park café and Winchester café and after school clubs. For further information, see the “Benefits” tab.
- Member discounts do not apply to nursery fees, housing rental income, counselling fees, or venue hire. The discount does not apply to group bookings.
- Discount only applies to services used within the year of membership.
- Discount on products will only apply with presentation of a valid membership card.
- Normal booking conditions will apply to all services.