Isle of Wight Daycamps (Shanklin)
Isle of Wight Daycamps are based at Winchester House in Shanklin, a beautiful Victorian building set in large grounds on the cliff top overlooking Sandown Bay and immediately above the long sandy beach of Hope Bay.
The fantastic location and our enthusiastic leaders enable us to offer exciting Isle of Wight Daycamps programmes for children from years R to 12 years during school holidays, including both onsite and offsite activities. Children must have already started school to attend our Daycamps scheme.
We publish our activity programmes in advance so children and parents can select their favourite activities or decide to try something new.
Summer holidays 2014
Our next Daycamps programme will run through the summer holidays (Monday 28th July – Friday 29th August 2014). Weekly themes will include Superheroes, A Taste of Languages, Sports, Handy Crafts, and more, and will include onsite activities and offsite trips.
Remember, online bookings still receive a 5% discount, so book soon to ensure your child’s place this school holiday.
Have a look at our full Isle of Wight Summer Daycamp Programme and find out what fun activities we have in store this year! For more detailed information on each of the activities this summer, take a look at our Activity Descriptions.
Our facilities include:
- A large playroom divided into zoned activity areas during free play – arts and crafts, soft toys, lego and construction, reading area and board games.
- A sunny conservatory with space for active games whatever the weather.
- A large grass garden area adjacent to the playroom for active play, ball games and team games.
- Additional space in the old chapel for indoor activities, including table tennis, table football and pool as well as soft play equipment and a ball pit.
- Accessible toilets, including disabled facilities and a changing area for personal care needs in a secluded area.
- Local amenities also include nearby beach, playground and playing fields of which we make regular use.
Booking Daycamps in advance is essential, but it couldn’t be easier. Call us and book on 01489 785228 or book online and save 5%.
- £20 per full day (8am-6pm) per child
- £12 per half day (8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm) per child
It is essential that you book in advance in order to guarantee a space for your child at Daycamps. We will try to accommodate non-booked children if we have spaces available, but this will be subject to an additional £5.00 late booking fee per child.
Children with additional needs
Daycamps are inclusive, and we are pleased to support children with additional needs. If you feel that your child will require support over and above our 1:8 staff:child ratio, please contact us before booking, in order to discuss how we can help support your child’s individual needs. For more information, please see our Support page.
Contact the Children’s Programme Coordinator on 01983 862441.
Isle of Wight Daycamps are held at Winchester House, Shanklin, with spectacular views across Hope Bay. There is ample parking on site, enabling parents a straight forward drop off and pick up from Daycamps.
The full postal address is:
Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6HT
You can contact us in a number of ways:
Telephone: 01983 862441 for general enquiries or to arrange an appointment if you would like to meet the Daycamp Co-ordinator
Telephone: 01489 785228 to make a booking
During each Isle of Wight Daycamps period, if you have any concerns regarding your child please contact the House on 01983 862441.
Click the photo to see more
“Just to say our 3 children had a fantastic time at your YMCA day placement in Shanklin. George is special needs and has quite complex needs and a communication impairment and was in for the 4 days during the Easter holidays and your team dealt with him so well considering they had never met him before and he had a fantastic time. Our other two children aged 7 and 11 had a fantastic time for the 2 days they were in.”
Lucy Scott-Watson and family (19 April 2012)
“…Winchester House…is the best playscheme J has attended…”
“…staff are a credit to your organisation…”
“Winchester House has more to offer J from his point of view and from ours as parents.”
All of our work with children under 8 years old is registered and inspected by Oftsed (registration Ofsted Reg: EY 337340). All of our staff are DBS checked to the enhanced level. We also have the following measures in place -
- Child protection
- Child and youth engagement skills
- First Aid (appointed person)
- Child Behaviour Management
Booking one of our camps couldn’t be easier:
- Book Isle of Wight Daycamps online and save 5%
- Call us on 01489 785228 and book over the telephone
We offer a variety of ways to pay:
- Credit/debit card
- Cheque (if completing a hard copy booking form or in person)
- Cash (in advance, in person)
- Childcare vouchers – if booking online or by telephone, we ask you to pay in full at the time of booking using a credit or debit card and will refund this payment once we have received your childcare vouchers. Alternatively, if booking by telephone, we can make a provisional booking and ask you to send the vouchers to us with your child’s name listed on the payment. Once the vouchers are received, your booking is confirmed and a confirmation sent. Please note that bookings are only confirmed once payment has been received. We accept vouchers from a variety of listed childcare providers. Childcare vouchers will only be refunded for eligible services that have been delivered within 6 months of receipt of a customers voucher.
Our Isle of Wight Daycamp Booking Conditions are available as a download; please contact us if you would prefer a hard copy.