Support your local community!
As a local community charity, YMCA Fairthorne Group supports over 40,000 children, young people and families every year by delivering services such as childcare, health and wellbeing, housing, youth work programmes, and school holiday activities. You can support the continued development of these valuable YMCA projects by fundraising at home, at work, or by attending one of our exciting challenge events throughout the year. Find out more about how you can make a positive contribution to the lives of families and young people both at home and overseas.
How your donation helps transform lives and communities.
If you decide to fundraise by getting involved in one of our YMCA Challenge Events that take place throughout the year, your funds will contribute to one of the following key areas:
• Building Bridges Bursary Scheme – Our bursary scheme, launched in 2008, is a community-funded programme designed to provide children, young people and families who have overcome challenges in their lives, from coping with bereavement, to living in refuge with the chance to access our valuable YMCA services.
• Y Care International – We are proud to be a part of the wider YMCA charity, and have close links with other YMCA and youth organisations across the globe. Through our international development arm, we provide support to hundreds of young people living in poverty – running projects designed to improve wellbeing, health, and access to education and skills training, such as helping young people into employment and improving their health in Madagascar’s slums and villages, and ‘Sports for Positive Change': empowering young women and men in Gaza.
If you choose to get involved in our local branch events that run across a variety of locations within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, you will be helping us to fund this branch’s continued improvement (70%), as well as supporting our local Bursary Scheme (20%), and our international aid through Y Care (10%).
Read about Jake, who was able to attend our Summer Daycamps at YMCA Fairthorne Manor in order to spend some precious time of his own away from his challenging home-life through our Bursary Scheme.
How can I get involved?
YMCA Challenge Events 2017
|2018 event information coming soon||Sleep Easy||
Sleep rough so others don’t have to.
Swap your bed for a cardboard box for the night and raise vital funds to support young people at risk of homelessness.
A huge thanks to everyone who made the 2017 Sleep Easy our biggest and best yet and helped us raise over £5000!
George Williams House
|2018 event information coming soon||Footsteps for Change||
We would like to thank everyone who took 20,000 steps from YMCA Woolston to YMCA Fairthorne Manor to raise money for Y Care International’s ‘Youth Investment Fund’.
|Sunday 10th September||Family Fun Rider||
Go the distance for local children and families in need.
Bring along your friends and family as we break out our bikes in support of the YMCA Bursary Scheme. Spend the day exploring our beautiful site on two wheels at your own pace, or if you’re feeling brave — tackle a 21 or 73 mile challenge.
Local Fundraising Challenge Events 2016/2017
Check back soon for updates.
Fundraise in your Community
Challenge yourself to get fit, and raise vital funds to support YMCA Fairthorne Group – your local community charity! Take on a sponsored walk, run, or cycle by either organising your own event, or by joining one of the many challenges that take place across the South Coast.
Are you a member of a local community group, or do you work in education? Don’t forget – ‘Charity of the Year’ support and donations are always gratefully received by YMCA Fairthorne Group. If you would like to book us to speak at a conference, meeting, or within an educational setting – please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Fundraise at Work
Being a corporate partner of YMCA Fairthorne Group is a great way to raise the profile of your organisation, gain some great PR, and help you to demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to social responsibility. Fundraising and volunteering is also a great way to inspire staff, develop team-building opportunities, and allow them to play an active role in helping their local community.
There are a number of ways YMCA Fairthorne Group can work alongside your organisation:
- Adopting us as your Charity of the Year
- Organising an event at work
- Cause-related marketing
- Corporate volunteering
- Sponsoring one of our YMCA Challenge Events
- Registering a team to take part in our YMCA Challenge Events
- Invitations to networking events
If you’d like to find out more, please email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need more inspiration?
If you would like to stay up-to-date with our latest fundraising news and events, or would like to discuss an idea you have for your own event, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We would like to take this opportunity to say an enormous thank you to all of the people who have supported YMCA Fairthorne Group so far, from our generous sponsors, our dedicated fundraisers, and our valuable volunteers.