YMCA Basingstoke delivers a range of services for young people close to the city centre, a short walk from Festival Place and the train station..
83 units of accommodation provide a safe place for young people to call home, plus low to medium support to help meet tenant’s needs. Tenants are provided with access to support and advice to manage tenancies, training, education, employment, and all aspects of life skills and wellbeing.
The 80 modern, furnished, self-catered flats offer:
- Comfortable, fully furnished living space and bedroom
- Wet room style bathroom
- Kitchen with cooker and fridge provided
A separate 3-bed shared flat supports 3 young people in low income employment to thrive in a property without the need for deposits. This property offers:
- Comfortable fully furnished bedroom
- Modern bathroom with a bath and shower
- New, large, shared kitchen with cooker and fridge
- Large, shared living room/dining area
Tenancies & rent
Accommodation is let on an initial 6 month assured short-hold tenancy. This becomes a statutory periodic tenancy, provided there are no rent arrears or problems with how the tenancy is managed.
The current rent is £154.52 per week. If you are on a form of benefits, you will need to claim Housing Benefit to assist with payment of your rent; we will support you with this.
If accepted, on the day that you move in, you must supply funds to cover 6 months’ personal charge (£78.00) if you receive benefits, £10 for a key and £10 for the electric meter. Contact us on the number below for more details.
- Communal lounge – chill-out area with tv, wi-fi, computers, vending machine, kitchen & pool table.
- Confidential Space – a private area to meet with agencies or family, 1:1 sessions with our engagement coordinator, or residents’ groups social events.
- Laundry/washing facilities.
- Adventure activity trips to YMCA Fairthorne Manor, our outdoor centre. Ideal for team building, raising self esteem and promoting wellbeing and achievement.
- Regular cooking and summer BBQs – free!
- Large communal gardens for leisure activities, picnics, BBQs and relaxing! For keen gardeners there is an allotment patch and orchard to get involved with.
- Group sessions to support you with life skills
Applying for a place
If you are interested in staying at YMCA Basingstoke, all potential tenants must complete a housing application form and attend an interview.
For further details, see the application form link below.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, contact a member of our team on Call 01256 479696 or email: [email protected]
Find us at YMCA Basingstoke, Eastrop Way, Basingstoke, RG21 4QD.