Did you know we are a charity?
YMCA Fairthorne Group is a local community charity delivering services such as childcare, housing, community activities and outdoor learning to over 40,000 children, young people and families across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight each year.
While we are proud to be associated with the wider YMCA movement, each YMCA does in fact operate independently, as individually-registered charities across the UK and overseas.
YMCA Fairthorne Group operates on a social-enterprise model, whereby surplus from our childcare. nursery, Daycamps and group visit services, along with grants and generous donations, help us to deliver other specialist services, including:
- providing a bursary scheme that helps support children and families in the local area to access activities and services they wouldn’t normally be able to.
- support for young carers.
- helping young people with disabilities build confidence by accessing our exciting activities.
- supported housing for vulnerable 16 – 25 year-olds.
- counselling services for young people affected by bereavement.
We also support our international arm Y-care international. To find out more about them visit our Fundraising page.
By donating any amount – big or small – you can help to ensure that these vital services continue, and make a real difference to the lives of families within your local community. There are many ways to get involved: