Set in a perfect location overlooking Sandown Bay, Isle of Wight Daycamps utilises the fantastic facilities at Winchester House, plus the stunning areas immediately around including the beach, local parks, and attractions. With beach school featuring heavily in the programme, we offer many opportunities to children from years R to 12 years to enjoy a range of indoor and outdoor sessions, making new friends and learning new skills along the way!
Easter Daycamps run from Monday 8th April – Friday 12th April & Monday 15th April – Thursday 18th April 2019 – ON SALE NOW
What your child will achieve
Daycamps are great fun with a programme published in advance for each holiday. Daycamps offer children:
- an opportunity to socialise with a group of other children of similar age and make new friends
- participation in games and activities to further their physical, emotional and creative development
- the chance to try new experiences and develop new skills
Our work with the under 8s is registered with Ofsted, with a ratio of 1:8 for all ages.
Children benefit from access to large grounds, a stunning view and:
- a large, bright playroom with zoned activity areas during free play – arts and crafts, soft toys, lego construction, reading area and board games.
- a large grass garden area for active play, ball games and team games.
- extra indoor space in our chapel, with activities including table tennis, table football, pool and soft play.
- accessible toilets, including disabled facilities and a changing area for personal care needs.
- we’re within easy reach of the nearby beach, playground and park which we visit regularly.
Information & prices
Daycamps runs from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday every school holiday, except Christmas and Bank Holidays. In 2019, a Daycamp is just £22 per child per day for up to 9 hours of care and great activities.
A breakfast club is available 7:30am – 8:30am. For £2.50 per child they will be given a continental breakfast to fuel them for a fun day at Daycamps.
For an additional £4 per day we can provide a packed lunch which includes a sandwich, crisps, fruit, cookie and bottle of water.
YMCA members receive a discount of up to 20%; please see the programme for more information.
Make a booking
Book online or contact us on 01489 785228. Full payment is required at time of booking.
Places must be booked in advance to guarantee a space. We try to accommodate children who haven’t booked, but these are subject to a £5 late fee per child.
Find us at YMCA Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6HT. Tel: 01983 862441.