Set in the perfect location atop the cliffs overlooking Sandown Bay our daycamps utilise the fantastic facilities at Winchester House, as well as the stunning areas around us including local parks, attractions and the beach. With beach school activities featuring heavily in our programmes, we endeavour to offer as many opportunities to children from years R to 12 years to enjoy a range of indoor and outdoor sessions, making new friends and learning new skills along the way!
Our February half-term Daycamps run from Monday 12th- Friday 16th February. View our latest programme below!
Our Easter Daycamps run from Tuesday 3rd April – Friday 13th April. – On Sale Now
What your child will achieve
Our Daycamps are great fun with a programme published in advance for each holiday. Daycamps offer children:
- an opportunity to socialise with a group of other children of similar age and make new friends
- participation in games and activities to further their physical, emotional and creative development
- the chance to try new experiences and develop new skills
Our work with the under 8s is registered with Ofsted, with a ratio of 1:8 for all ages.
We’re blessed with large grounds, a stunning view and:
- a large, bright playroom with zoned activity areas during free play – arts and crafts, soft toys, lego construction, reading area and board games.
- a large grass garden area for active play, ball games and team games.
- extra indoor space in our chapel, with activities including table tennis, table football, pool and soft play.
- accessible toilets, including disabled facilities and a changing area for personal care needs.
- we’re within easy reach of the nearby beach, playground and park which we visit regularly.
Information & prices
Our Daycamps run from 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday of each school holiday, although we are closed on Bank Holidays. In 2018, a Daycamp is just £20 per child per day for up to 9 hours of care!
New for 2018
We now offer our breakfast club between the hours of 7:30am – 8:30am. For £2.50 per child they will be given a continental breakfast to fuel them for a fun day at Daycamps!
For an additional £4 per day we can provide a packed lunch which includes a sandwich, crisps, fruit, cookie and bottle of water.
YMCA members receive a discount of up to 20%; please see the programme for more information.
Make a booking
Book online or contact us on 01489 772215. Full payment is required at time of booking.
Places must be booked in advance to guarantee a space. We try to accommodate children who haven’t booked, but these are subject to a £5 late fee per child.
Find us at YMCA Winchester House, Sandown Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight PO37 6HT. Tel: 01983 862441.